The Generic Entity template lets you create any additional data entity that you would need on top of the built-in data entities, when the standard templates cannot fulfil that need and link those entities to the other entities, in a manner that represents the functional linkage between them.
To learn more about Generic Entities in BioT, see Generic Entity Template in the product description.
Follow the procedure below to add a new Generic Entity template.
- Launch the BioT Console.
The console opens on the Templates list.
- From the Templates tab, click Add+.
- Select the Generic Entity template type from the dropdown menu.
- Add a name and optional description for the template. Use a template name that reflects the Generic Entity type (for example, "Medical Expertise").
- Click Next.
The General fields page is displayed with the list of built-in attributes.
General attributes include data that users want to keep about the Generic Entity. For example, one of the General attributes may be an Expertise attribute which describes the medical fields a clinician specializes in.
Change any details in the built-in general fields as needed, or click the trash can icon to remove (or disable in case of built-in attributes) any unneeded field from the template.
The following built-in General attributes appear in all new Generic Entity templates:
Attribute Type: Date Time
The time and date when the Generic Entity was created.
Attribute Type: Date Time
The time and date when the Generic Entity was most recently modified.
Attribute type: Name
The full name of the Generic Entity.
Attribute type: Entity
The organization which the Generic Entity is connected to.
If your users need more attributes to keep about the Generic Entity, scroll to the bottom of the General attributes list and:
- Click + Add General Field.
- Click Please choose a name and enter a name for the new field.
- Click the Choose Type dropdown and select the attribute type from the list (see Attribute Types for a full list of types and their parameters).
Entities can be linked to other entities with the attribute Choose Type: Entity. For an entity such as a device, which has several template options available, it is necessary to define whether this new entity is linked to all the types or just to a specific type.
For more information about the General Field Attribute Entity, including the RSAN attribute that defines how the linked in entity is viewed, see Entity in Attributes Types.
- Complete the remaining parameters for the Attribute Type.
- For fields that you require your users to fill, select Required.
When you have finished adding fields, click Create. The template is created, and you return to the template list.
You can click Cancel at any time to discard the template and return to the templates list.
Updated about 1 month ago