Managing Devices in BioT
The following articles show you how to manage devices using the BioT platform. Before managing individual devices, the administrator should:
- Configure (and rename) the Device Type 1 template in the BioT Console.
- Add device templates for each additional device type in the BioT Console.
- Configure the Manufacturer Portal and Organization Portal layouts in the Portal Builder.
Once these steps have been done, the Manufacturer admin can:
- Add new devices from the Manufacturer Portal.
- View and edit devices in the Manufacturer Portal.
The Manufacturer must also integrate the BioT API with the medical device software. This may be done using BioT's Software Development Kit (SDK).
After this, Manufacturer Operators can assign devices to specific Organizations from the Manufacturer portal.
Additionally, Organization users can:
- View and edit devices in the Organization Portal.
- Assign Devices to Patients in the Organization Portal.
- View and monitor all devices enlisted for a specific organization or manufacturer from the Device Operation Center.
Device measurements in BioT can only be viewed in the context of a patient. It is not possible to view measurements directly from a device page.
Once patients are added, there are two ways to view measurements:
- Link a device to a patient and go to the Observations view (see Viewing Live Measurements).
- Go to the Observations view of a patient, and use the Remote Controller to select a device and activate a Device Usage (see Remote Controlling a Device).
Updated about 1 month ago